Probably built in the mid 1820s by Dr. Malcolm Nicholson, who emigrated from Scotland in 1775, and came to Florida about 1820. The house was built on his 4,000 acre plantation stretching along the Little River, by slaves who used trees and bricks kilned there. Ownership passed from Malcolm to his brother Archibald, to his son Joseph Rice and to his son Archibald who died leaving no heir.
Charles and Camille Eubanks purchased in 1972, restored the house and opened a flower shop in the old kitchen. In 1987 Paul Nicholson bought it, completed the restoration and with partners opened Nicholson Farmhouse Restaurant in 1988.
White Dog Plantation 200 Coca Cola Avenue Havana Florida 32333